Monday 28 March 2011

Second Grey Knights Battle

Well tonight is my second playtest game with the new codex. Last week I used a "Sucker Punch" list involving Mordrak and scouting Dreadknights. I wanted to go for a different feel this time and try out some other GK strategies.

I've been trying to decide between many lists, from Coteaz Razorback spams, through Crowe lists to Massed Dreadknight & Venerable Dreadnought lists.

For tonight though I've settled on a list which doesn't use any special characters [shocker!]. Have a look below.




Grey Wardens 1750
HQ
GM w/ rad, PS, MCr, Digi 215
Xenos Inq. w/ PA, Rad, PS, Psyk 93
Elite
1 Jok, 2 plasma acolytes  w/ Chimera 118
8 Purifiers w/ 2xpsyC, 1 Ham, 5xHalberd, Rhino 272
1x Assassin 145
Troops
5 Termies w/ psycannon 225
10 GKSS w/ 2xpsyC, Mc Ham, Rhino 275
Heavy Support
Psyfleman 135
Psyfleman 135
Psyfleman 135

GM passes out scoring to the dreadnoughts to hold a home objective (if needed), or scout for early advancing.
GM and Terminators jump in Chimera leaving the Jokaero squad behind in cover near home objective. This squad I think is small enough to avoid a lot of attention but should be interesting enough to use.

So Chimera advances up the middle flanked by Purifiers [in a Rhino with the Inquisitor] on one side and a standard GK strike squad [also in a Rhino] on the other. These guy mull around mid-field beating on anyone how comes near.

Assassin is there for fun. Either Callidus [for Long Fangs] or Vindicare [for Thunder Wolf Cavalry] depending on how I feel. I expect to see Long Fangs AND  TWC tonight so the option is academic. I'll probably go with Callidus though as she's just so darn fun!

Finally we have 3 Psyfleman Dreadnoughts for some excellent fire support.

Yes the army is Scoring light but you'll be seeing alot of that with Grey Knights. Anyway that's why the GM is there [hmmm scoring walkers]. Main reason for taking this list is it's full of units I want to try out, Terminators, Inquisitors, Jokaero, Purifiers [who died last game before getting to do anything], as well as rad and psystroke grenades.

If there's time I'll try to play a second game, but I'll be using a different list, either the razorback spam list or Purifier/Techmarine list.

No comments:

Post a Comment