Monday 7 February 2011

Planning To Paint.

Well, I'm only going to have a couple of weeks time in which to paint up an entire army to a good standard.

To me, this means 2 things; I'll need a plan, and I'll need to Spray.

There's no way I'll get a whole army done in time if I don't spray my base coat AND my primary colour onto almost all of my models. This'll be done I imagine via a GW spray gun stolen (uh, I mean "borrowed") off of one of my friends.

Also I'll need a plan. I can paint, dry brush and highlight relatively well. However some advanced techniques have escaped my grasp. I plan this new army to be the change of all that (not forgetting I have to paint them all in record time!). To this end I'll be researching and planning my painting scheme and techniques well in advance for you lovely people to see and comment on before I put any paint to plastic!

The first new technique I'll be looking at is how to do cool power (or nemesis force) weapons.



After much searching I found a post by Krieghammer on the Bolter and Chainsword forum, which shows a quick and easy way to make awesome looking weapons:

This is how i paint my NFW smile.gif
So the first thing you need is to possess the following four Citadel Colours; Chaos Black, Ice Blue, Skull White, Blue Ink

And so im going to apply these on a standard Nemesis Force Halberd, but this can be done on any and all blades.. 

Firstly i basecoat the whole thing black


And then on top of that basecoat I apply a thick layer of Ice blue, just to cover up the area. 
Then i add stripes of Skull White on top of the Ice blue, these are going to be the sparks or lightning or whatever on the weapon, just to look cool! these can be applied pretty much randomly, but i usually draw some stripes among the edges of te blade and some inbetween.. 


After that is where the Blue Inc comes in handy, and you could just dipp the whole blade in it if you want to haha.. no, I but i just paint a thick layer of Blue Ink on the surface of the blade (not watered down or anything), and just let it dry!

(some light is reflected on the shiny surface of the Ink, thus not showing the exact scale of blue.. but you get the point)

hope this helps

No comments:

Post a Comment