Monday 7 February 2011

About This Blog And I

SICK! BRUTAL! OVER POWERED!

 - These are just some of the phrases I hope to hear when fielding these monstrosities at Warhammer World in April.

But first introductions. I'm Tom, and this is a blog about the up and coming Grey Knights Codex.

See? Clear, concise, informative. Award winning literature in the making! "Moar informations" you say? Oh alright then...



ME
As I said my name is Tom. I've been playing 40k since I picked up a 2nd Ed starter box way back in 1997. The box contained Orks and Space Marines so those are the two Armies I started with.

Along the way I picked up Tyranids as well, I think it was actually some time after Starship Troopers came out. Plus they seemed different to most other armies and interesting to play. That and the simple play style of sticking down a load of bugs and saying "deal with that before they reach you" appealed. There was a brief, yet embarrassing foray into foot guard back in 4th, but they quickly got sold on to eBay.

So these days my main armies are Tyranids and Space Marines, and it has been a long time since I started a new army (ignoring the ill fated Imperial Guard).

THIS BLOG
Last time the grey knights were released in the Daemonhunters Codex back in 2003, there was so much "Want" on my behalf it was unreal, but that was back in the days when I was just about to head off to university, and the last thing my bank account needed was a new Warhammer army.

But those miniatures, damn they were nice, with the wrist mounted storm bolters and halberds and helmets. Ever since then I've always yearned to field an army of these models.

And now I'll have my chance and the planets have aligned. A new Grey Knights Codex is on its way! With the Grey Knights played up and the Inquisitors played down (just how I like it!). Some of my friends have organised a large group trip to Warhammer World, Nottingham on the 4 day weekend at the very end of April. When I heard the Grey Knights codex was due for release early April I immediately stated "Challenge Accepted!" ... Oh what did I do?!

So, this blog is firstly a follower of all rumours GK flavoured. After that it is a Chronical of the planning, collection, painting and ultimately tactical usage of Grey Knights. I hope you all enjoy this blog, and feel free to comment or make suggestions at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment